Lead Instructor: PFI Instructor
- PFI Advanced Manual (includes Safety Freediver Workbook)
- PFI T-Shirt
- Certification Card(s)
- Class, Pool and Open Water instruction
- Inviation to the PFI members only webiste and Yahoogroups
- Mask, fins and snorkel – Low volume mask and long blade fins and or Monofin.
- Wetsuit – 3mm freediving suit is required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect.
- Weights and weight belt – Having an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy is a must. Nech weights are allowed and encouraged.
- Depth and/or timing device – A waterproof watch at the very least, better yet a freediving computer is perfect.
- A Lanyard (we will have some to use but its a great idea to get your own). We have some in our online store.
It is also a very good idea to purchase DAN Insurance. www.diversalertnetwork.org
Location Info (Addresses)
Kona (Hawaii, US)
Classroom and Pool Sessions
Jack’s Diving Locker, 75-5813 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
View Larger Map
Open Water Sessions
For the open water training, we’ll be diving from shore at the City of Refuge which is located about a 30min from Kona. Directions will be given at the start of the course.
Schedule is subject to change.
Day 1: Class 8-10am; Pool 10:30-12:30pm; Open Water 2-6pm
Day 2: Class 8am-10am; Pool 10:30-12:30pm; Ocean 2-6pm
Day 3: Class 8-11:30am; Stretching Session 12:45-1:30pm; Ocean 2-6pm
Day 4: Class 8am-12pm; Stretching Session 12:45-1:30pm; Pool 2-5pm
Day 5: Class 8-10am; Pool 10:30-11:30am; Ocean 2-6pm
Day 6: Class from 8am-11am; Stretching from 1pm-2pm; Ocean 2pm-6pm
Local Area Travel Recommendations
There are many hotel options in the Kona area. Web sites such as hotels.com or Expedia.com can help you find one in your price range. Some of the closer hotels are the Kona Islander, Uncle Billy’s, and Royal Kona Resort.
If you are in Kona before the course or after the course and want to get out Freediving or whale watching/dolphin watching then contact Wild Hawaii Ocean Encounters. Wild Hawaii Ocean Encounters is owned and operated by past PFI Instructor and PFI co-founder Brett LeMaster.